Nothing results in nothing...

Everything is good for something; everything results in something...there is nothing that results in nothing...ever! How great is our God, who made it all like this; with a plan for our life's, with a purpose. So that we can live meaningful life's, glorifying Him with every little thing. Walking, talking and growing with Him, as we are loved by your Father...AMEN

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Thailand-Bangkok update

*Sorry about all the mess and what not...but now the blog is finaly in order and with some more is added*

Wow, can you believe it...I'm in Thailand! And it's amazing(ly HOT)!
It's 35-36 celsius and the humididty is like 100%...swetting like never before, and wearing deodorant places I've never even thought about before haha!
But its'a amazing to be here in Thailand...!!

Right now we are sleeping in a hotel just "out side the city" But we are moving to Ban Jai Deo tomorrow (a buliding) And its like next door to the YWAM base. Theres a lot of Thai DTS students and university students living there (The world largest university is RIGHT NEXT to where we live..and it's like 500 thousand students)

The flight over here took us about 18 hours...then we were in Singapore for a 9 hour sleep over, and then, two hours later we were here in Thailand :)

The two days we have been here have absolutley been crazy! We have been walking around and exploring a lot...kinda like tourists.

Yesterday we visited temples for 8 whole hours. We took a skytrain and a lot of different thai boats..and oh...a thingy..kinda like a scooter mixed with a car (?) haha
We literally traveled through all of Bangkok. (the city is like 10 times San Francisco) But, as I said...we only visited temples...

After the whole temple thingy, we had a little gathering with the YWAM base. It's really really exciting that we are gonna live here with them, because it's literally because of YWAM San Francisco that there even is a YWAM base in Bangkok...and SF has a really good conection with the thai people..which is awesome! So they were all really exicted to meet us...and so were we :)
We have learned some thai, but its seriously hard to learn....although, we are trying to communicate as much as posible with all of them...some of the students are really good in english, too, so that helps!

So, we have been hanging out with the thai teens here only one time...and it seems to me that they have a kinda wierd sense of humor...hehe, but it's all good! So yesterday I ate 6 new fruits that I've never tasted before...namnam.
We found a squid, grilled it and ate it...and then i had one maggot mmmm delicious! :)

Anyways... today has been our first off day. (we will probably have one every week)
And oh man we have enjoy that to the full extent...sleeping in (in our wonderfull big soft beds...I'm rooming with Hannah btw) (we have sooo much fun watchin Chinese MTV..hahaha...its so awful you would not believe it!)
We have been swimming in the pool, walking around in Bangkok...slurping fruit shakes and beeing trapped on desert island in the middle of the road...(hehe, I'll explane later...maybe)
For dinner, me Summer and Emily ordered room service (everything is extremily cheap...every meal (dinner) is like 2-3$...15-20kr)
Then...believe it or not...we got into the christmas mood watching "home alone 2" while massaging eatch other...and then we went swimming some more... :)

I know...it sounds like we are having the time of our life...and we are! But, I'm SO ready for moving in with the students tomorrow. Ready for sharing a room and two showers with ten girls for 5 weeks...working in the heat, and definitely going out to the red light district doing ministry!

Audrey- You would not believe how long it took me to puzzle your little letter...haha! I seriously struggled! But the picture made me sooo happy..and so did your little note! Whenever you go to Italy for missions, you know I'll definitely come visiting you!
I have a lot of pictures...but, I'll see what I can do with that later... tralala
*And oh...I'm SO excited about you blogging...hurray :)*

Can't wait to see what God has in mind for us over here!
Be blessed
Hanne G

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe, bangkok er stort og rotete og ingen snakker engelsk. ikke kjoer mer tuk-tuk, de blir splattet i hvert gatekryss :/ enjoy varmen :)

December 09, 2006 9:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sjefs! Det universitet ryktes å ha over 600 000 studenter...noe som jo er litt mange på en måte.

December 09, 2006 11:20 am  
Blogger Hanne G said...

Liv - ang tuktuk...a ltlle to late to "warn" us about that hehe...I though it was fun anyways :)

Svenni - Yeah I know...I don't know why i said that number...probably the heat hehe! But, still waiting for you to revilve the answere on your blogg...

December 09, 2006 4:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog made me laugh! Especially the part about deoderant. So my "time off" has been good, haha, except today I spent 9hrs+ working on a newsletter, it was absurd! Anyways, it sounds like you guys have been having alot of fun. That makes me happy :D. I miss you alot Hanne! More than I thought (to be honest, which is ALOT). Well, know that I am praying for you, and I love you!

December 11, 2006 10:31 am  
Blogger Hanne G said...

Audrey - You betcha I miss you too!!! You actually have NO IDEA! I wish you were here sweating with Emily and me...:D

Great to hear that you used your "time off" wisely...I'm excited to hear about it in a MAAAIL!!(yeah, thats me telling you to mail me...oh waith...I have your e-mail adress...haha, never mind then tralala)

It's crazy that we have been here over a week...it feels so much longer! But, although I love it here...I'm seriously excited to see you again! :D

All my love...tralala
Hanne G

December 13, 2006 7:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home